Saturday, May 19, 2012

Standing up for what I believe

I know that at some time in each of our lives, we have to make a choice about what we believe.  We also have to choose if we will stand up for those beliefs.  For awhile now, I have felt the need to do more. To be more involved, to make sure I let others know what I believe.  I wasn't really sure how to do that.  How can I make a difference in the world around me.  So for now, I am going to write about what I believe and why I believe.
   So what do I believe?  I believe in Jesus Christ.  He is the Savior of the World. He lives and He will come again.
   I believe that this country was created, protected and divinely inspired by the hand of God.  I believe that there were righteous men and women who had a hand in it's creation.  I believe that as long as the righteous out number the wicked on this continent, that we will continue to be protected by the Lord.  I also believe that once the wicked out number the righteous, we will be swept off of this continent.  I know that as a disciple of Jesus Christ, I have a duty to do all I can to keep His commandments, to live a worthy life and to help in every way I am able.
    I love this nation.  I feel so incredibly blessed to be born in this time and place.  So the purpose of this blog is for me to talk about why I love my country and the why and how of it's creation.  So with each post, I hope to talk about many of the following things:  The Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The Federalist Papers, The past presidents of the United States and many other topics.
     The name of this blog comes from two places.  The first is a quote from Patrick Henry.  He was addressing the Virginia Convention.  I know at times I can be a little enthusiastic and passionate about what I know and feel.  I have always loved this part of Patrick Henry's talk: "Give me liberty or give me Death" and ultimately if I have to make a choice, I believe I will stand with Patrick Henry.  For far to long, I have stood ideally by, while letting other people make choices for me or changes to the foundation of this country.  It is time for me to stand up and be accountable for what I know.
     The second part of the name comes from the knowledge that every person living on this earth is free to make any choice they want. Each and every one of us.  Just because I choose to live my life a certain way, doesn't mean that I get to dictate how anyone else lives.  No matter what side of the political or spiritual spectrum you are on,  you get to choose.  I also know that this is a very difficult thing to live with.  Many people will profess to believe in freedom of choice, however they don't want to grant it to anyone who disagrees with them. They will say that others are uneducated or don't really understand or know what is really going on.  All of that doesn't matter.  We still get to decide how to live and who to follow.  All I can and must do, is to do my part to speak up, vote and share my beliefs.
 I hope that at least a few people will decide to follow my posts.  Please feel free to share it with everyone.

5 comments:

  1. This is really great, I'm excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Stephanie. I'm very proud of you for taking a firm stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first blog! Sorry it took me so long to read it. I wanted to sit down and really read it and not skim over it because I was rushed. I can't wait to see what else you write about. I have a few books you might like to borrow. Do you have The Federalist Papers? You might, I can't remember. I'll have to see what I have down in the basement and you can look through them sometime or I can bring them up in August.

    ReplyDelete